Full Stack Developer
RPGLogs is a small but growing company that builds tools for the MMORPG community. The developer-led company controls warcraftlogs.com, fflogs.com, wipefest.gg, and esologs.com, with more sites and games to come. Collectively, we reach over 4 million MMO players and serve over 100 million pages on a monthly basis.
We are currently seeking a full stack developer to join our small, entrepreneurial team in a flexible work environment. You’ll have the opportunity to work remotely on all aspects of the websites, as well as our desktop and in-game applications.
What is the job?
The full stack developer will work to maintain and improve our existing solutions.
What will the job be like?
You will work directly with the founding team of Warcraft Logs and Wipefest, and quickly land features that will be seen by millions. You’ll get to dig deeply into the games you love to tease out analytical insight for the players. You’ll get to develop features that will benefit a passionate community. And you’ll get to tackle the engineering challenge of building at scale.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Understanding the architecture and products on our varied platforms and being able to contribute to each effectively.
- Collaborate closely with teammates around the world to deliver excellent content and services to the MMO community.
- Deliver code (and other solutions) daily.
Successful candidates would be able to demonstrate the following:
- Familiarity with object-oriented design principles and at least one object-oriented programming language.
- Demonstrable understanding of SQL.
- Ability to lay out functional UI/UX.
- Ability to quickly learn new paradigms and code to web standards.
- Ability to build unit/automated testing while delivering new features.
- Ability to think creatively yet systematically about problems and their solution sets.
For reference, our tech stack involves:
- PHP 7.4 (with Laravel)
Experiences of high value:
- Deep game knowledge of World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy XIV, and/or Elder Scrolls Online
- Understanding of REST APIs and familiarity with OAuth.
- General understanding of advertising ecosystems.
- General understanding of ecommerce systems.
- Ability to deliver architectural documentation.
- Business communication skill set.
What We Offer:
We offer you the opportunity to join our highly collaborative, fully remote team. For US applicants, we offer access to group health & dental benefits. We anticipate continued growth over the coming years, which will provide tremendous opportunity for you to grow with us.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Do let us know about your experience in the MMO community as well.
RPGLogs, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.